Among these are developing routines such as:
– getting enough sleep (at least 7-9 hours per night)
– eating healthy meals at regular intervals throughout the day
– exercising regularly (yes, even if it’s just walking!)
– create a self-care bathroom routine
Mental health is just as important as physical health. That’s why it’s important to keep good mental health routines too.
In today’s blog article, we’re going to look at how to create the perfect self-care bathroom routine. There is no better place to unwind and enjoy some much needed me-time than in the bathroom. So, making the bathroom as comfortable as possible is essential!
With your bathroom, you may want to create a space that is not only beautiful and functional but also sustainable. Using green materials shows that you care about the environment while also reducing the amount of material going into landfills. There are also many eco-friendly options for countertops, sinks, and other materials in the luxury bathroom.
Cork floors, while not waterproof, are water-resistant and ideal for bathrooms. The floors will be shielded from small spills by a polyurethane topcoat. To safeguard the floors from potentially harmful amounts of water, it is best to use a mat or area rug close to the sink and bathtub.
Linoleum is a natural surface that shows great strength, durability, and longevity. This natural floor is an organic and environmentally friendly flooring option for a bathroom. It has many significant advantages, including the fact that it is available in a wide range of colors, lending undeniable design merits.
Natural stone has long been used in bathrooms as countertops and shower surrounds; its unique finish adds character to a home while being more durable than many man-made materials.
Identify what makes you happy
Don’t force yourself into doing things that don’t feel right just because they’re “supposed” to make you happy or successful or productive. Instead, start with things that already bring you joy — whether it’s your refreshing morning shower or getting lost in a book while soaking in a hot tub when you get home. Build your routine around those activities until they become part of your daily life.
We thought we’d explore some bathroom oasis ideas worth considering for your de-stressing routine to help you tap into ideas that might make you happy.
- Touch : Give your shower experience a luxurious touch with an adjustable shower head that can give you a relaxing hydro-massage. As you prepare to get into the shower, take a dry brush and use it to gently massage your body in long, circular strokes that move upwards towards your heart. Doing this will exfoliate your skin and help detox your body by increasing blood circulation.Another way to increase serotonin is through skincare. Because skincare routines are systematic and involve spending time and effort on yourself, they can make people happier. Even small actions like washing and moisturizing your face can be incredibly calming and give your day structure. Even on days when you wake up wanting to do nothing, you’ll feel productive and secure in your own skin.
- Sight : Make sure your bathroom is a clutter-free oasis first and foremost. Store everything in its place and make sure what you need is accessible where you need it.
It also calms your senses when the lighting is just right. As a way to customize the lighting to suit your preferences, ensure that your bathroom light has a dimmer switch.
Candles are another very calming method of stress relief. Because of our associations with candlelight, burning candles relax our bodies, which benefits both our physical and emotional health.
- Smell : Aromatherapy is frequently used to treat a wide range of mental and physical issues brought on by stress and anxiety. The limbic system in your brain, which regulates emotions, is triggered by essential oils. Your olfactory senses are stimulated when you smell something pleasing, and this tells your brain to unwind. If you have sleep-related problems, this relaxation may be very helpful. Scent is thought to awaken your senses, calm your nerves, and enhance your sleep.
A daily routine can lift your mood by allowing you to look forward to certain things at the end or beginning of the day.
It might be as easy as developing a revitalizing morning skincare routine or going to bed at the same time every night. Here, consistency is key! The more consistently you do something, such as taking a bath every evening or taking a shower every morning, the more likely it is to set the tone for the day and a way to feel refreshed.
Make it a habit
Routine is something that can give us structure. We are creatures of habit.
Making new habits is a great way to enhance your life.
The best thing about habits is that once they are automatic and unconscious, you no longer have to think about them. An excellent illustration of this is brushing your teeth. It just happens; you don’t have to think about it or focus on doing it.
The ease with which habits make life easier results in a reduction in stress. Being mindful and present in the moment will help you unwind and enjoy your time more.
A me-time routine can be an important part of looking after your mental health.
In today’s fast-paced world, it’s easy to feel like you don’t have time for yourself. But if you don’t make time for self-care, you run the risk of burning out and taking on more responsibilities than you can handle or making other people angry by not being around as much as they need you to be.
To avoid these scenarios, it is important to carve out some time each day for just you. It doesn’t have to be long—just enough so that you feel refreshed and ready to take on the rest of your day without feeling drained by the end of it.
So, give yourself permission to take care of your physical, mental, and emotional needs. You deserve it!